Thanks to Spotify, we have the ultimate #TBT playlist
Tell me what you want, what you really really want. How about a playlist of every song your inner child ever loved? (Zigga zig uh, yes please.)
Spotify just released the titles of the one hundred most popular songs tagged #tbt or “Throwback Thursday” on its music streaming platform The company reviewed over 80,000 playlists, and, oh my Timberlake, the findings will transport you right back to your last middle school dance.
The top 10 #tbt songs include fab lady artists like The Spice Girls, Missy Eliot, Shakira, Gwen Stefani, and Beyoncé (duh). N*Sync and Backstreet Boys are mysteriously missing, but they join Britney, Avril, and The All-American Rejects in the full playlist. This collection of throwbacks is so good, that if you still had AIM, your away message would read, “~*BRB DaNcE pArTy*~”
Here are the 10 most popular #tbt songs. Test your memory and see if you can still remember all the lyrics. (I’m surprised — but not that surprised — that I can still sing every word of the remix to Ignition … hot and fresh out the kitchen.)
1. “Ignition (Remix)” – R. Kelly
2. “Yeah!” – Usher, Lil Jon, Ludacris
3. “Crazy in Love” – Beyoncé, JAY Z
4. “It Wasn’t Me” – Shaggy, Ricardo Ducent
5. “Hollaback Girl” – Gwen Stefani
6. “One, Two Step” – Ciara, Missy Elliott
7. “Wannabe (Radio Edit)” – Spice Girls
8. “Beautiful Soul” – Jesse McCartney
9. “Hips Don’t Lie” – Shakira, Wyclef Jean
10. “Get Low” – Ying Yang Twins, Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz
Listen to the full playlist here.