17 gifts for the guy you JUST started dating
Isn’t the honeymoon phase of any relationship great? In many cases, it means you’ve found another person who makes you feel giddy, excited, and adored. At the same time, however, there is one thing that can be stressful — and we aren’t talking about those pesky “Is this too good to be true” questions that tend to pop up. No, we’re referring to something that at first seems simple, but can quickly become complicated: What gift to get the person you just started dating for the holidays.
Depending on just how new the relationship is, this can be a real nail-biter of a decision. Practically speaking, there are a number of considerations when going over what to get this new love of yours.
The first is budget. How much is appropriate to spend on his or her present? That, of course, hinges entirely on how far along or invested you are in the relationship and where you stand financially. Then, there’s the somewhat awkward question of what you’d venture they’d spend on you. And, maybe try to match that? (…If you think said price is appropriate.)
Next, it’s important to take into account what will make them happy. And, not what would make anyone happy. Because yes, while most everyone loves Starbucks, a gift card to the most frequented coffee shop in America (unless he or she is actually obsessed) may not be the most thoughtful or creative choice. Instead, we think the best way to earn brownie points is to prove you’ve been paying attention to their hopes, wishes, and personal preferences.
Luckily, we’ve gone ahead and did the research for you.
Ahead, we’ve got fun holiday gifts for every budget — no matter how new the relationship.
Keep scrolling to shop these winning picks.
1. 365 Printing Christmas Checklist Mug, Amazon, $14.99
Sweet and funny, he’ll take this mug as a compliment.
2. Jenga, Target, $16.99
Looking for a lighthearted way to put him to the test? Jenga is a fun way to do so.
3. Cotton Linen Pillow, Amazon, $10.59
The perfect addition to his pad.
4. AEO Metal Cuffs, American Eagle Outfitters, $12.95
Stylish and cool, this cuff will go well with his wardrobe.
5. GET POPPIN’ Snack Attack Popcorn Lover Set, Amazon, $25
For your next Netflix and chill?
6. Herschel Supply Co. Men’s Raynor Leather RFID Passport Holder, Amazon, $34.99
This passport cover is made from 100% leather and has pockets for storing a few credit cards. He’ll use it on your next trip together.
7. Williams Sonoma Whiskey Cubes (Set of 2), Williams Sonoma, $39.95
If your man’s into whiskey, treat him to these stylish whiskey stones.
8. Baxter of California Shaving Kit, Nordstrom, $50
A new grooming collection this season for men who are serious about their beard.
9. Coach Bleecker Money Clip, Coach, $48
Is he over his wallet? Buy him this sleek designer money clip (that’s affordable, too!).
10. Spitfire Punk Sunglasses, Spitfire, $39
Affordable and cool, these are the shades your guy will want to wear on the daily.
11. Crosley X UO Velvet Cruiser Bluetooth Record Player, Urban Outfitters, $99
Who doesn’t love playing an old school record at home? This stylish player makes a great gift.
12. Herschel Supply Co., Tile Roy Leather Wallet, Nordstrom, $90
If your guy tends to lose his wallet, this stylish option has a Bluetooth tracker inside. How smart is that?
13. Incase Designs Icon Lite Backpack, Nordstrom, $99.95
Its durable nylon construction makes this pack a great on-the-go solution.
14. Personalized Tree Trunk Glass Duo, Uncommon Goods, $85
We’ve found the perfect thing for guys who prefer beer and gals who love wine. Now, your cups are coordinated.
15. Polo Ralph Lauren Reversible Scarf, Bloomingdale’s, $58
A warm scarf that will look sophisticated during cold-weather outings.
16. Bose Soundlink Micro Bluetooth Speaker, Nordstrom, $109
Dating a music lover? Give him this compact micro speaker that is high-quality and stylish.
17. Fossil Defender Top Zip Workbag, Fossil, $198
One of our favorite holiday gifts: A functioning (and fashionable!) workbag.