14 of our most favorite Lorelai Gilmore quotes ever
Today is a very special day, because it’s the birthday of hero and cool mom to us all, Lauren Graham! So let’s celebrate this special occasion by remembering some of our favorite quotes of her iconic character Lorelei Gilmore — who talked A LOT. Since she spent so much time talking, Lorelei has plenty of gems for us to enjoy. From coffee to her mother, Lorelei knows how to make us laugh with just a few words delivered perfectly.
She talks about food A LOT.
1. “Cheeseburger, onion rings, and a list of people who killed their parents and got away with it. I’m looking for heroes.”
2. “I’m going to go make out in the coat room. Don’t eat my chicken.”
3. “I would like a cheeseburger, with a side of cheeseburger, and see if they can make me a cheeseburger smoothie.”
She loves her coffee!
4. “If it was physically possible to make love to a hot beverage, this would be the one.”
5. “I need coffee in an IV.”
6. “Coffee, please, and a shot of cynicism.”
A little jealous of her relationship with Rory tbh.
7. “My life stinks. Hey, let’s look into each other’s eyes and say “I wish I were you” at exactly the same time — maybe we’ll pull a ‘Freaky Friday.'”
8. “This is it. She can finally go to Harvard like she’s always wanted and get the education that I never got and get to do all the things that I never got to do and then I can resent her for it and we can finally have a normal mother-daughter relationship.”
9. “If you’re gonna throw your life away, he’d better have a motorcycle.”
Oh, and then there’s her mother
10. “My mother — she was here. I can feel it. Smell that? The room smells like guilt and Chanel No. 5.”
11. “How does she do that? Compartmentalize like that. It’s weird. She’s the serial killer who goes to work and talks about a funny “Seinfeld” he saw and then goes home and cooks himself a man-flesh sandwich.”
But she also has some great life mottos and advice!
12. “I don’t like Mondays but unfortunately, they always come around eventually.”
13. “I can be flexible. As long as everything is exactly the way I want it, I’m totally flexible.”
14. “It’s all any of us wants, to find a nice person to hang out with ’til we drop dead. Not a lot to ask.”
Same! Thank you, Lauren, for bringing Lorelei Gilmore to life and providing us with some of our favorite quotes ever.