Gifts for the Sci-Fi Nerd in Your Life (Prepare for Puns)
Are you tired of traversing the galaxy (Target and Best Buy) for the perfect present for your science fiction obsessed loved one? Do you want a gift that properly conveys your want for them to live long and prosper? Does the idea of putting on pants sound less appealing than being stuck in the middle seat on the connecting flight from Tatoine to Coruscant between C-3PO and Jar Jar Binks?
Here at HelloGiggles we wish to assist you through the candy cane-induced delirium that is known as the holiday shopping season by giving you some gift-giving ideas, specifically for the nerd in your life.
Below are interesting and unique presents, all of which can be ordered from the comfort of your home.
No pants. No Jar Jar Binks. You’re welcome.
1. Joebot Records, $20 at Etsy.com
Joebot Records makes watercolors of fake covers of vinyl record and children’s books of cult TV shows and video games. What would Link and Zelda like as a folk band? Now you know.
2. Death Star Tea Infuser, $13.99 at ThinkGeek.com
Sip some chamomile on a brisk Endorian night, enjoying a clear view of the moons.
3. Battlestar ‘Frak’ Necklace, $23.50 at Etsy.com
So says Etsy, so say we all.
4. Doctor Who Knee Socks, $13.99 at ThinkGeek.com
Fashion that will certainly stand the test of time.
5. Vulcan Salute Oven Mit, $14 at Cafepress.com
You don’t have to speak Klingon to understand how perfect this gift would be.
6. Star Wars Underwear Set, $75 at Etsy.com
It ain’t no metal bikini, but it just may be the next best thing.
7. X-Files Throw Pillow, $20 at Society6.com
Merry X-mas. (I’m so sorry).
8. Lost Onesie, $19.99 at Cafepress.com
Start ’em young.
9. Pacific Rim Tote, $12.32 at Etsy.com
Great for carrying textbooks, lugging around groceries and CANCELING THE APOCALYPSE.
10. Portal 2 Interactive Gels, $14.99-$34.99 at ThinkGeek.com
Aperture Science’s answer to Silly Putty.