15 thoughts we had watching Taylor Swift's "New Romantics" pseudo music video
Taylor Swift dropped the video for her latest single “New Romantics” and immediately we were like YASSS but that YASSS quickly morphed into a HUH? Because this isn’t even a music video at all, but rather a compilation of tour footage from the 1989 tour. Errr, wuuut?
Join us on our roller coaster of emotions as we try to make sense of how we feel about it.
1. OMG Taylor’s new video for “New Romantics” is here!
2. Oh wait, it’s a compilation of footage from her tour???
3. Tbh, I’m actually really upset.
4. This just reminds me that I MISSED IT!
5. Feels like she phoned it in.
6. I’m so mad at Taylor I WANTED A REAL VIDEO FOR THIS!
7. WHY COULDN’T IT HAVE BEEN THE NEW “22!”
8. Didn’t you think “New Romantics” would be inspired by this?
9. Like the grown-up companion piece to “22.”
10. But back to this video.
11. Okay honestly, I’m actually really enjoying watching this footage from the tour. #memories.
12. Like, why didn’t I shell out $150 for the 1989 tour and now I’m mad at myself and my life choices.
13. Oh wait, this is actually EPIC.
14. OKAY TAY SLAYYY!
15. Jk, this is a great video. THANK YOU TAYLOR!