All the thoughts we had while watching the new 'Captain America' trailer
Hot on the heels of the first full-length trailer for next year’s Captain America: Civil War, we’ve now got a brand new international trailer for it. It’s going to be Avenger vs. Avenger. Cap vs. Iron Man. The movie vs. us trying not to cry too much every time Steve comments that Bucky was his friend, only for Tony to chime in, “so was I.”
What’s going on? Well, the U.S. government has decided to start regulating superheroes, and while some are OK with it (Iron Man) others are not (Captain America). This leads Earth’s mightiest heroes to divide themselves, and everyone has to choose a side. Judging from the trailer, things get pretty heated real fast. The Avengers we know will never be the same.
This international trailer has a few new action shows, and it’s just enough to dive into once again. Watch it here, and then prepare for emotions and subtitles.
Now here’s what the Civil War trailer made feel. Besides, of course, FEELS.
1. This new trailer opens with Cap jumping up and catapulting off of a car to kick someone in the chest. And things only get more intense from there.
2. It also appears as if Avengers HQ has changed, or moved, or expanded. This isn’t the same building located in Upstate New York at the end of Age of Ultron.
3. 14 seconds into the trailer, and already Steve Rodgers is suspicious of everything.
4. This guy? Last time we saw him it was The Incredible Hulk, and the Hulk was played by Edward Norton. This is General ‘Thunderbolt’ Ross, played by William Hurt. Nice to see him back, even though the Hulk is sadly not in Civil War. Very upset about that.
5. After a very long time in hiding, Sebastian San’s Bucky has mastered the art of blink-and-you’ll-miss-him.
6. Here we’ve got returning favorite Iron Man. Just want to hug him and asked who hurt him.
7. I love that after all this time, it feels like Iron Man/Tony Stark/Robert Downey Jr. have morphed into the same person.
8. OK, so maybe it’s taken me close to a dozen viewings of this trailer, but GUYS. I FINALLY FOUND MARTIN FREEMAN.
9. See that guy in the grey suit between those two security guards? Martin Freeman. Who is he playing, and what is he doing with Captain America? Who knows! But here he is! He’s officially joining the Marvel Universe.
10. Do you think he and his Sherlock buddy, Benedict Cumberbatch, sit around and talk about what movie franchise they can insert themselves in together? First The Hobbit, now Marvel? What’s next, everything? (Hopefully, cross your fingers!)
11. Feel like Bucky would be 10x happier if someone only gave him a hug once and a while.
12. This is Black Panther. He’s new to the Marvel world, too. Underneath that mask is Chadwick Boseman. One day he’s going to get his own Marvel movie, and that’s pretty awesome.
13. I’m going to call it: Squad Goals.
14. Or at least everyone I’d like to invite to my next birthday party.
15. In case you didn’t know, Captain America is very strong, and he appears to be holding on very tight to something here. What could it be?
16. Oh. It’s a helicopter.
17. Now I feel silly for not realizing it was a helicopter right away. I mean, of course it’s a helicopter.
18. Sometimes I get winded carrying groceries up three flights of stairs, but you do you, Captain America.
19. This scene is super scary, because, what is going on??! Is Rhodey (Don Cheadle) going to be OK??
20. And then the most emotional part of the trailer, when Captain American and Iron Man discuss the fact that they’re not friends anymore, and it’s simply TOO REAL.
21. Surely they can work it out, right?
We’re going to have to wait and see. Captain America: Civil War opens on May 6, 2016.
Watch the trailer below:
Images via YouTube