There are a million reasons why we love our besties. They’re always there for us when we need them, they support our wildest dreams, and they love us exactly as we are. Best friends know just what to say to cheer us up, and can make us laugh until our sides hurt. So let’s celebrate them!
In honor of our best friends, we’re counting down the top 15 friendship GIFs of all time. Prepare to feel all the feels!
15. Hillary and C.C. meeting Victoria Cecilia.
There’s so much love in one GIF as the Beaches besties welcome Hillary’s daughter into the world. The moment is extra emotional for C.C., because Victoria’s middle name is Cecelia — a tribute to her.
14. Leslie complimenting Ann.
Leslie Knope always has the nicest (and most creative) things to say about her best friend, Ann Perkins. This is just one of our favorite GIFs of the Parks and Rec duo!
13. Romy and Michele getting their groove on.
Sometimes, best friends just need to dress up like Madonna and let loose on the dance floor together.
12. The “Sex and the City” girls spying on the neighbors.
The girl gang that gawks at the neighbors together, stays together. Charlotte, Carrie, Miranda, and Samantha were collectively very intrigued by what they saw across the way.
11. This loving look between Jess and Cece.
The New Girl ladies manage to say so much without saying anything at all.
10. Hannah and Marnie having a dance party for two.
The “Dancing On My Own” scene in Girls is one of the most memorable of the show.
9. Abbi and Ilana toasting their friendship.
Cheers to silly Skype sessions, wild fever dreams, and crazy New York City adventures together, Broad City style.
8. Rory smothering Lorelai with love.
This sums up their mother/daughter relationship SO well.
7. Annie and Lillian with food in their teeth.
Always the jokesters, this Bridesmaids duo never fails to make us giggle.
6. Thelma and Louise taking a selfie.
Hang on a minute. Did Themla and Louise invent the selfie? Back in 1991? Our minds are seriously blown right now.
5. Amy Poehler and Tina Fey’s epic dance moves.
These two are always up to something. Here, they’re throwing down at a house party in Sisters.
4. Monica, Rachel, and Phoebe casually wearing wedding dresses.
What do you do when life gets you down? Put on your future sister-in-law’s wedding dress, and invite your girls to do the same.
3. Cher, Tai, and Dionne having a moment.
The Clueless girls are the greatest and most fashionable trio that ever was.
2. Young Hillary and C.C. snapping pics in a photo booth.
Lifelong friendship is rare and wonderful, and Hillary and C.C. are lucky to have each other.
1. Lucy and Ethel showing their true feelings.
Is this I Love Lucy GIF the original reaction GIF? We think it might be!