I Think We Can Call This Progress: LiLo Accepts a Plea Deal
Lindsay Lohan was almost an hour late for trial* on Monday. Not a good look. Also not a good look? The semi-sheer, quasi-peplum squort/pant suit she wore. I get that white is supposed to conjure images of an angel, but … Okay, it’s not the worst thing she’s worn to court, but it’s definitely not the best. Let’s leave it at that. Besides, we’re here to talk about what Lindsay did RIGHT today!
1. She did not beat a bitch up after being glitter-bombed on her way into the courthouse. Because I would have. And I like to think I have more self-control than LiLo. So, kudos for that.
2. She did not have “f*ck u” inscribed on her fingernails. Bless you, child.
3. She ACCEPTED A PLEA DEAL (which means she pleaded “no contest” and neither admitted nor denied involvement in the things she was charged with) and didn’t cry about it. Lindsay, you’re not a girl, not yet a woman, but I think we can call this progress. This plea deal is no joke, btw. Here’s what it entails:
- Two more years of probation (+ drug tests)
- 90 days in a locked rehab facility (which sounds scary and would probably make even the sanest starlet/most seasoned addict pull out her extensions)
- 30 days of community service
- 18 months of psychotherapy <— THIS. Somebody buy that judge a drink. (And her lawyer too, for getting her to accept the plea, likely by bribing her with lifetime tanning sessions or something.)
Good on ya, girl. I’m rootin’ for you. Now, if someone can just convince her to actually do all of these things (on-time, without drama, in appropriate clothing, etc.), I think we’ll have ourselves a ballgame, folks.
*She was on trial for: reckless driving, lying to police and obstructing officers who were investigating the misdemeanor car accident she was involved with in June.Featured image courtesy of Dailymail.co.uk