Grace Helbig does it all: she’s a Youtube star, has written and starred in her own movie, she wrote a book, she does podcasts, and now she’s getting a talk show on the E! Network. Tentatively scheduled to premiere in April, Grace will undoubtedly conquer the world of television with The Grace Helbig Project. The show will be a mash-up of celebrity interviews, improv, and general pop culture madness, and we can’t wait to see it.
If you’ve been living under a computer and haven’t bought your ticket to ride the Grace Helbig party bus yet, here’s a quick low down on what you should know about this magical unicorn queen of the Internet.
1. Grace started her Internet career by hosting vlogs 5 times a week for My Damn Channel. That’s a lot of videos. Too many videos.
. . . And yet, not enough.
2. After leaving the My Damn Channel family, she started another channel, It’s Grace, and gathered millions of subscribers all over again. That’s a loyal following, folks.
That’s like crazy-dictator-leading-the-masses levels of devoted fans.
3. She was on Forbes 30 under 30 list last year. That’s totally prestigious since it’s Forbes, which is a very classy publication.
And everyone knows once you make it on a 30 under 30 list you’ve got it made. Until you’re 30. Then you’re done. Then it’s time to work on your 40 under 40 goals. (But I think Grace will make it.)
4. Grace believes in the power of friendship, and constantly collaborates with BFFs like Mamrie Hart and Hannah Hart. The ladies even made a freakin’ movie together: Camp Takota.
You don’t get called the Holy Trinity of the Internet for being lame. You get called that for being awesome.
5. Grace keeps it real. The gal loves Poo-Pourri.
Who wouldn’t love a girl who uses the phrase “destroy the toilet and the people around you” while singing the praises of this apparently remarkable toilet spray?
6. Her book, Grace’s Guide: The Art of Pretending to be a Grown-Up, is a New York Times Bestseller.
Number one, kids. Number. One.
7. She was a semi-finalist for Miss New Jersey in 2005. She’s got books, looks, cooks, and all that other stuff semi-finalist beauty queens have that rhymes with those words.
8. She’s a social media maven so there are plenty of ways to stalk her online besides Youtube—always a bonus.
9. She’s danced with Amy Poehler.
That is all.