17 thoughts we had while watching the 'Fifty Shades Darker' teaser
Even though it was set to debut on the Fifty Shades of Grey Blu-ray on May 8, the teaser trailer for Fifty Shades Darker has already started making the rounds on the Internet — and given how ridiculously short it is, it’s pretty darn intense. The teaser features Christian Grey putting on a suit jacket and mask, and he packs a whole lot of creepy into the 30-second clip.
“Are you ready for something darker?” the trailer asks; and honestly, the answer is probably no. (But we have almost two years to prepare, since the sequel is set to hit theaters February 10, 2017.)
Donna Langley, chairman at Universal, revealed earlier this week that Fifty Shades Darker would be “more of a thriller” than its prequel, which suggests that perhaps the creepy vibes we’re getting from the teaser aren’t unfounded. We still have a long way to go before we find out how they convert the next book to the screen, but in the meantime, here are a few thoughts we had while watching the teaser.
1. This music kind of sounds like the beginning of Kanye West’s “Runaway.”
2. Based on the subject matter, we would venture that no, we are not ready.
3. Oh hey, Christian Grey.
4. Why are you getting dressed in the dark?
5. . . . Right. Fifty Shades Darker. Is this supposed to be a reference to the title?
6. That jacket fits well, though.
7. We know where this is going.
8. What is he putting on his head?
9. Is Christian Grey Catwoman? The Hamburglar? Zorro?! That would be an amazing plot twist.
10. Oh, no. It’s just a sexy mask. Maybe for a sexy masquerade. Or, you know, just for regular sexy times.
11. We see what you did there with the black and white transition. Very smooth, editors.
12. But it also kind of makes it seem like that mask has night vision capabilities.
13. Which would be awesome.
14. Kind of getting serial killer vibes now.
15. Ending it with the word “darker” did not help to combat those vibes.
16. Ah, the signature Fifty Shades exhale, which is meant to imply pleasure, because breathing.
17. Still waiting for Kanye to start singing any second now.
(Images via YouTube)