Here's how to make a chic clutch - zero sewing required
I love a good clutch, it’s the best way to grab everything you need for a fun night out without having to carry anything too big. The only problem I have is that I can’t bring myself to spend a ton of money on something that is basically a fabric envelope for my keys, phone, and ID. That’s where this wonderful low cost “no-sew placemat clutch” video comes in and saves the day!
This week craft queen supreme Abbe Drake showed us how, with only a pair of scissors, some fabric glue, and a velcro tab you can create a one-of-a-kind clutch to wear anywhere you like!
So, grab a placemat and get ready to walk in clutch first!
No-Sew Placemat Clutch
Fabric glue or hot glue
Fabric scissors or sharp scissors
Optional: Studs, pompoms, or a button
1. Fold the placemat to make a square.
2. Cut off the extra leaving about an inch.
3. Pull or cut out the thread at the seams for a little over one inch.
4. Fold in the raw edges, making sure that the placemat has become a perfect square. As an option, use an iron to press the seam flat to make it very easy to glue straight.
5. Glue the seam closed.
6. Fold the placemat in half to make a triangle. Fold in the sides and the top, gluing everything in place. Leave room on the edges of the top flap if you plan to add pompoms.
7. Add sticky-back velcro or glue on velcro to close the clutch.
8. Decorate however you like! If adding a button, sewing it on is best.