19 shower thoughts that'll change your perception of life
Our concept of the world can be flipped simply by reading a sentence, or we can discover a new meaning or depth we were unaware of before. Nothing is better than thoughts that come to us when we’re free to let our minds roam, like when we’re about to fall asleep, taking a long stroll, or taking a hot shower. The following thoughts about life (via r/Showerthoughts) – ranging from world history, to things we do every day, to deep observations – are some of the most paradigm-shifting.
1. We talk about Ancient Romans like they were basically all the same, but the civilization lasted almost 1000 years. That’s like saying people in 2016 and 1016 are basically the same.
2. We have two universal languages: mathematics, and music. One to describe the universe, and one to describe how we feel about it.
3. In the future, imagine how many Go-Pros will be found in snowy mountains containing the last moments of peoples’ lives.
4. “Go to bed, you’ll feel better in the morning” is the human version of “Did you turn it off and turn it back on again?”
5. The sinking of the Titanic must have been a miracle to the lobsters in the kitchen.
6. If combat in Harry Potter is based on saying spells quickly and at the right time, rappers would basically be magical Navy SEALs.
7. Diabetes is one disease where a sugar pill isn’t a placebo.
(via by souravski)
8. On any given day in a hospital, you can find people having the best day of their life, the worst day of their life, the first day of their life, and the last day of their life all under one roof.
9. Heat, Pressure, and Time. The three things that make a diamond are also the three things that make a waffle.
(via by IDontCareAboutUpvote)
10. The missing Malaysia flight 370 is exactly what the show “Lost” would’ve looked like from the rest of the world’s POV.
11. If keyboards came with braille on them, we all could have subconsciously learned braille by now.
12. Most animals don’t recognize their own reflection because their brains aren’t complex enough. I wonder if humans have observed something which we cannot comprehend or even know we cannot comprehend because our brains lack that complexity.
13. For most of human history, vehicles had automatic collision avoidance and could even take you home when you were sleeping or drunk. Then we got rid of the horse.
14. I would like to give thanks to the brave men and women who died a long time ago tasting which plants were edible and which plants were not.
15. The average cost of a pack of smokes is approximately $9.05. At last check, a 12-pack of socks at Walmart was $10. Therefore, if I quit smoking, I could put on, and then throw away, 11 brand new pairs of socks a day.
16. My dog keeps bringing me the same toy. I wonder if that is his favorite toy, or if he thinks it is my favorite toy.
(via by HoIIabackatcha)
17. It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
18. Humans spend the first 18 (or more) years of their lives getting caught up to speed about what the other humans have been doing for the past few thousand years.
19. I owed blockbuster late fees. My game plan of waiting them out worked.