Hawaiian inspired Pineapple Salsa – yum! The past two months have been such a wonderful blur. My life has been filled with the final stages of wedding planning and on October 5th, I finally married my special man friend.
After the most perfect fall wedding, complete with an outdoor ceremony and a Laura Friendly feast, we left for a romantic honeymoon in Maui. Maui has to be one of the most beautiful places in the world. It’s simply paradise.
One of the highlights of our trip (besides the amazing beaches, snorkeling, lush weather and tropical drinks) actually ended up being the food! We stayed at an incredible resort, the Fairmont Kea Lani, that has a dedicated Food Allergy program. It was so fabulous they made me whatever I asked for… and everything tasted amazing!
This weeks post is dedicated to my Hawaiian adventures. Hawaii is well known for their pineapple which became the inspiration for an easy Pineapple Salsa. It’s the perfect combination of tangy and sweet. I hope you enjoy!Pineapple Salsaby Laura FriendlyStart to Finish: 10 minutes Makes: 4 to 5 cups
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 2 large sweet bell peppers, chopped
- 2 8-oz. cans crushed pineapple (no sugar added)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 tsp coriander or 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed, seeded and diced
- salt and pepper
- Into a food process or blender, combine the onion, bell peppers, pineapple, garlic, lime juice and coriander. Pulse to blend well.
- Add in half of the jalapeño and blend. Taste the salsa and if more heat is desired add in the remaining jalapeño.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
For more Laura Friendly fun vegan recipes, try:
All Images & Content are by Laura Friendly. This post is written and based on my personal experience and opinion on food. The information is not intended to replace professional medical counsel. Always seek the advice of your physician if you have a food allergy. And don’t forget to smile!