Spotify’s top 10 most-played Disney songs list has some surprises
Is it really a successful night if there isn’t a Disney sing-along? How else are we supposed to embody and project our most confident selves if not by belting “Let It Go”? Disney nostalgia is in full swing this year thanks to the debut of the live-action remakes of Aladdin and The Lion King. But if we consult Spotify, our nostalgia never really left.
According to Play Like Mum, Spotify users across the world are playing their favorite Disney songs on repeat—and you may be surprised by which Disney tracks made the top 10 list.
Play Like Mum, a U.K.-based parenting site, ranked Disney songs by the number of times they’ve been played on the streaming platform. “Kids of all ages love Disney films,” reads the Play Like Mum study, “and with their core message of overcoming our struggles and a soundtrack of catchy songs to sing along to, it isn’t hard to see why.”
The site cataloged the top 50 most-streamed Disney songs on Spotify, all pulled from films that were made between the Golden Age through the Revival period of Disney. The Golden Age started in 1937 with Snow White and included other classics, such as Dumbo, Pinocchio, and Bambi—though no songs from that era cracked the top 50. The Revival period kicked off in 2010, epitomized by blockbuster Frozen, which of course had more than one song in the top 10.
To our chagrin, “Part Of Your World” from The Little Mermaid only ranked 17th most-popular. And “I’ll Make A Man Out Of You” from Mulan didn’t rank at all (which is blasphemous).
That being said, there are still some major bops in the top 10. Check them out here:
- “Let It Go,” Frozen — 298 million
- “How Far I’ll Go,” Moana — 205 million
- “You’re Welcome,” Moana — 181 million
- “Life Is A Highway,” Cars — 153 million
- “Beauty And The Beast,” Beauty And The Beast (2017) — 148 million
- “You’ll Be In My Heart,” Tarzan — 132 million
- “A Whole New World,” Aladdin — 121 million
- “Try Everything,” Zootopia — 119 million
- “Love Is An Open Door,” Frozen — 113 million
- “Under The Sea,” The Little Mermaid — 109 million
And here’s our personal, honorary most-played Disney song: