It's official: These are the best colleges in the world
If you had a fantastic experience in college, you probably think your college is one of the best in the world. At least top 100, right? Because why wouldn’t it be? It had you, your friends and all the things that made it great.
Well there’s a list for 2016 that will tell if you if your college is, in fact, officially one of the best. The list has been published each year since 2004 by the Times Higher Education and includes the most recently ranked top 100 universities in all of the world.
The Times Higher Education World University Rankings provides “the definitive list of the world’s best universities, evaluated across teaching, research, international outlook, reputation and more,” according to their website. “THE’s data are trusted by governments and universities and are a vital resource for students, helping them choose where to study.”
Are you on pins and needles? Spoiler alert: Harvard holds the top spot for the sixth year in a row.
We’ve narrowed the list down to the top 25 universities, but you can see the remaining 75 here. The numbers in the brackets indicate last year’s rankings.
1. Harvard University, United States (1)
2. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States (4)
3. Stanford University, United States (5)
4. University of Cambridge, United Kingdom (2)
5. University of Oxford, United Kingdom (3)
6. University of California, Berkeley, United States (6)
7. Princeton University, United States (7)
8. Yale University, United States (8)
9. Columbia University, United States (10)
10. California Institute of Technology, United States (9)
11. University of Chicago, United States (11)
12. University of Tokyo, Japan (12)
13. University of California, Los Angeles, United States (13)
14. University of Michigan, United States (19)
15. Imperial College London, United Kingdom (14)
16. University of Pennsylvania, United States (23)
17. Cornell University, United States (20)
18. Tsinghua University, China (26)
19. ETH Zürich – Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, Switzerland (15)
20. University College London, United Kingdom (17)
21. Peking University, China (32)
22. Johns Hopkins University, United States (18)
23. University of Toronto, Canada (16)
24. London School of Economics and Political Science, United Kingdom (22)
25. New York University, United States (20)