10 Hillary Clinton quotes from the debate that prove she knows *exactly* what she's doing
Almost as much as we love/hate pulling out the most outrageous things that Donald Trump says during presidential debates, we love sharing Hillary Clinton quotes from the debate. Love her, hate her, one thing you can’t argue — the woman comes into these things strapped to the TEETH with preparation. There are probably secret government agencies that are less prepared for the bullshit they deal with than Hillary Clinton is for these debates.
Presidency aside, somebody needs to get this woman a medal on behalf of all women who’ve had to stand with a pleasant expression on their face and listen to a fractionally qualified man rant about how much better he is in a particular subject or field, because this is like the world CHAMPIONSHIPS of maintaining a polite expression in the face of Dada-level surrealist white dude nonsense.
In honor of Hillary Clinton’s pokerface, here’s a list of our favorite quotes from tonight’s debate that prove that she’s the lady we want running things.
1. “I see no conflict between saving people’s lives and defending the second amendment.”
3. In regards to abortion: “I do not think the United States government should be stepping in and making those most personal decisions.”
5. In regards to Russian intervention into the election: “The most important question of this evening, is will Donald Trump and admit and condemn that these things are happening . . . that he rejects Russian espionage against Americans. We’ve never had anything like this happen.”
6. “He would rather trust Vladimir Putin than American Government agencies sworn to protect and serve, and I find that frightening.”
8. “I will not raise taxes on anybody in this country who makes 200,000 or less.”
10. “On the day when I was in the Situation Room, overseeing the raid that brought Osama bin Laden to justice, he was hosting theCelebrity Apprentice.”