Alim Kheraj
November 07, 2016 2:09 am
Scott Eisen/Bloomberg via Getty Images

The FBI yesterday (November 6th) announced that it has not changed its conclusion that Hillary Clinton should not face criminal charges over the use of a private email server.

Writing a letter to Congress, which was obtained by CNN’s Jim Acosta, the FBI director, James Comey, told how the agency had concluded it’s review into new emails discovered on the computer of Anthony Weiner.

The FBI previously concluded their investigations into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server in July. However, writing to Congress at the end of October, Comey said that after discovering new emails sent to Clinton aide, Huma Abedin (the estranged wife of Weiner), the FBI would be launching a review of the newly discovered correspondences.

Contining, Comey said that nothing had changed since decision that was reached in July.

As CNN reports, it appears that many of the 650,000 new emails found were duplicates of those already investigated.

Taking to Twitter, Hillary Clinton’s press secretary, Brian Fallon, expressed his reassurance at the news.

Speaking at a campaign rally in Sterling Heights, Michigan, Republican presidential candidate, Donald Trump, dismissed the FBI’s ruling.

The buisness man and reality TV star questioned the legitimacy of the investigation.

Expanding on this, Trump’s campaign manager, Kellyanne Conway, also dismissed the claims to MSNBC. 

The decision of the FBI’s James Comey to launch an investigation so close to the election was criticized by some for it’s potentially prejudicial nature.

Speaking last night about Comey’s letter, Adam Schiff, the top Democrat on the House intelligence committee said that he hoped the new information put an end to the accusations about Clinton having commited a crime.

At the time of writing, Hillary Clinton is currently leading in the polls over Donald Trump with 45.3% of the vote. The election takes place tomorrow, Tuesday, November 8th.

Advertisement