Ariana Grande, Demi Lovato, and other stars are hosting a Disney singalong for us at home
Warm up your vocal cords because your dreams of singing with Disney stars are coming true. We all need some entertainment as we quarantine at home to prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). Demi Lovato, Ariana Grande, and other A-listers are here to help. They’re all joining The Disney Family Singalong—which is exactly what it sounds like, and we’re so excited.
The Disney Family Singalong will air on ABC this Thursday, featuring a ton of celebrities singing Disney classics from their own homes. Seriously, the list of names goes and on and on and on. In addition to Grande and Lovato, there’s Christina Aguilera, Auli’i Cravalho, Kristin Chenoweth, Elle Fanning, and more. Like, a lot more. If you stood in the vicinity of a Disney or ABC property in the past 15 years, you’re going to be on this thing and singing your heart out.
If that’s not enough, the Disney singalong will also include a High School Musical reunion—and yes, even Zac Efron is involved.
The High School Musical cast will perform “We’re All In This Together,” which couldn’t be a more appropriate song right now. According to Deadline, Efron was a last-minute addition and will share a message during the special. “We couldn’t reach Zac until late but when we did, he immediately jumped in, of course,” High School Musical director Kenny Ortega told Deadline.
“Everyone we reached out to was quick,” Ortega added, “and you’ll see it in their spirit and the way they come together from their homes. They recognize this is an opportunity to strengthen spirits for those joining us for the broadcast.”
For High School Musical star Vanessa Hudgens, it’ll also be an opportunity to make up for her past remarks about COVID-19.
ABC has released a list of some of the Disney song performances.
- “A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes”—Demi Lovato and Michael Bublé
- “Can You Feel the Love Tonight”—Christina Aguilera
- “How Far I’ll Go”—Auliʻi Cravalho
- “I Won’t Say I’m In Love”—Ariana Grande
- “A Spoonful of Sugar”—Little Big Town
- “Be Our Guest”—Derek Hough and Hayley Erbert
- “Colors of the Wind”—Tori Kelly
- “Do You Want to Build a Snowman”—Thomas Rhett
- “Friend Like Me”—James Monroe Iglehart with Broadway Company of Disney’s Aladdin
- “Gaston”—Josh Gad, Luke Evans, and Alan Menken
- “I Wan’na Be Like You”—Darren Criss
- “I’ll Make a Man Out of You”—Donny Osmond
- “It’s a Small World”—John Stamos
- “Let It Go”—Amber Riley
- “The Bare Necessities”—Erin Andrews, Bobby Bones, Carrie Ann Inaba, and Marcus Scribner
- “Under The Sea”—Jordan Fisher
- “You’ve Got a Friend In Me”—Josh Groban
- “We’re All In This Together”—High School Musical
Whether you’re a Disney fan, someone who desperately needs to distract their kids, or just a bored person who wants to see how the heck this is all going to work logistically, the Disney Family Singalong should have something for you. The special will air on Thursday, April 16th at 8 p.m. ET on ABC. We’re ready with our Cinderella lyrics, Demi.
As information about the coronavirus pandemic rapidly changes, HelloGiggles is committed to providing accurate and helpful coverage to our readers. As such, some of the information in this story may have changed after publication. For the latest on COVID-19, we encourage you to use online resources from CDC, WHO, and local public health departments, and visit our coronavirus hub.