Jessica Booth
April 05, 2018 11:26 am

Well, this is horrifying: A woman found a dead lizard in her bag of Trader Joe’s kale this week… and there’s a photo. If you shop at Trader Joe’s religiously and you’re a big fan of kale, and you don’t want that to change any time soon, you might want to stop reading this right about now. It’s pretty hard to unsee this gross image.

This past week, Grace Goldstein went shopping at her local Trader Joe’s in Washington, D.C. and purchased a bag of cut, clean, and ready-to-cook kale. When she got home, though, she found something incredibly disgusting: a dead lizard was in the bag.

Goldstein then did what any rational person in 2018 would do. She kept the lizard in the bag, took a photo of it next to a photo of her shopping receipt (smart!), and posted it on social media for the world to see.

Hey, even Trader Joe’s deserves to be shamed for something this gross.

Goldstein spoke with People magazine about her completely relatable reaction to the dead lizard:

Honestly, same.

She told People that she then put the bag of kale in her freezer to preserve the reptile, since she wasn’t sure if she was going to have to return it after making a complaint. According to People, the supermarket chain is currently investigating her complaint but she has yet to hear back further. All of this news about her story is sure to do the trick!

Goldstein’s friend also posted about the lizard-kale on Twitter:

Unfortunately, this isn’t the first time Trader Joe’s has been the cause of a gross experience. After the above tweet was shared, one user tweeted about finding a two-foot long hair in her Trader Joe’s ice cream sandwich, which is just… no. Please no.

Oh, and this also isn’t the first time someone has found a lizard in a bag of greens. In February, a woman in Maine bought a bag of lettuce from a grocery store, made a salad with it, and then found a dead lizard mixed in there — without its tail! The story is basically like a horror movie.

The moral of the story? Don’t buy bagged lettuce. Or at least check it very, very carefully before eating it.

You May Like