Here we go, everyone. Tomorrow, January 20th, 2018, the Women’s March returns after making history as the largest single-day protest in American history last year, with up to 4 million protesters in the U.S. alone (5 million protesters worldwide). After you find the closest Women’s March happening near you, you can start creating your Women’s March signs for the big day. And why not make them punny?
Think about what we are protesting tomorrow: Misogyny, racism, sexism, greed, violence. These are heavy struggles we confront on a daily basis – so it’s important to laugh in the face of them every once in a while so we don’t burn out.
We explored social media and photo archives to find some of the funniest signs from the 2017 Women’s March and some brand new punny creations from fellow marchers as they prep for tomorrow’s protest.
Grab poster board, markers, and paint — and get ready to resist patriarchy and rejoice in clever wordplay.
1. Why not let iconic songstress Khia help you reclaim one of the most vile slurs to leave the sitting president’s mouth?
2. Cyndi Lauper but make it political.
3. Tell Drumpf, “Boy, Bye” a la Beyoncê.
4. Queen Bey is very helpful with protest signs in general.
5. We can’t be intersectional feminists if we’re not protecting Mother Earth, too.
6. Can’t go wrong with a classic Planet of the Apes reference.
7. Biology puns 4ever.
8. Divas grab back, y’all.
9. Multimedia construction + toupée punnery = choice signage
10. You really can’t, though.
12. WWPLD (What Would Princess Leia Do)
13. WWPLD Pt. 2
14. We must resist.
15. “I’m With Her” should mean you’re with more than one kind of woman.
17. IS THIS REAL LIFE?!
18. Not exactly “punny,” but still real good.
Now let’s take to the streets and make each other laugh in the face of the patriarchy.