Terrifying: Nestlé recalls 3 million frozen foods due to glass shards
If you have DiGiornio pizzas, Lean Cuisines, or Stouffer’s products in your freezer, listen up: Nestlé is recalling 3 million of its products for a rather unsettling reason.
The company announced in a press release yesterday that products are being recalled “due to the potential presence of glass pieces.” Currently, no injuries have been reported, but “several consumers reported that they had found small pieces of glass in some of these products,” the company said..
Although the investigation is ongoing, Nestlé believes that the source of the glass is spinach, as spinach is in all of the frozen foods in the recall. The company said in a statement:
According to Nestlé, specific product codes of the following products are affected by the recall:
- DiGiorno Thin & Crispy Spinach and Garlic Pizza
- DiGiorno Rising Crust Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
- DiGiorno pizzeria Thin Crust Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
- DiGiorno pizzeria Tuscan-style Chicken Pizza
- Lean Cuisine Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
- Lean Cuisine Spinach Artichoke Ravioli
- Lean Cuisine Ricotta and Spinach Ravioli
- Lean Cuisine Spinach, Artichoke & Chicken Panini
- Lean Cuisine Mushroom Mezzaluna Ravioli
- Stouffer’s Vegetable Lasagna (10 oz., 37 oz. and 96 oz. sizes)
- Stouffer’s Spinach Soufflé
- Stouffer’s Chicken Lasagna
Scour your freezer for these products and if you have any of them, check the product code on the box with the product codes listed for the product here. If you have any concerns, you can contact Nestlé Consumer Services at 1-800-681-1676 or visit their site.