5 Reasons This Photo of Mo’ne Davis Just Made Our Day
What you see here is a photo of Little League superstar Mo’ne Davis signing a baseball for Los Angeles Dodger Yasiel Puig. Why is this awesome? Let us count the ways.
1. Mo’ne Davis was at the game in the first place because of a pitch-off challenge with Dodger Clayton Kershaw.
Yep, you read that right: A 13-year-old facing off against a pro. Davis was quoted saying, “I throw my curveball like Clayton Kershaw and my fastball like Mo’ne Davis.”
2. Davis threw out the first pitch at the game, and she placed a strike right over the base.
It was perfect. Though there was no formal pitch-off, Davis certainly showed that she was made of the same stuff as Kershaw.
3. After her first pitch duties, Kershaw invited Davis to meet the other Dodgers, who were as excited to meet Davis as she was to meet them.
4. In the dugout, it wasn’t Davis who was asking for autographs–she was giving them.
The baseball she’s signing for Puig is a big deal, because Puig is a huge star.
5. Puig’s tip of the cap to Davis is not only a sweet gesture, it’s a sign of respect to the young star, and a vote of confidence in a woman who has taken the sport by storm.
And that is totally, totally awesome.