10 things everyone in a long-distance relationship knows is true about sex
Having sex is a blast — and if you’re in a long-distance relationship, that means you’re missing out on all the fun, right? WRONG. Thanks to ~technology~, sex is totally possible in an LDR even if you’re miles and miles away. Sure, it’s not always going to be a walk in the park, but anyone who has been in an LDR knows your relationship will be the better for it. Here’s what all people in LDRs know to be true about sex!
1. You get majorly creative.
You know from experience that when two people who are crazy in love and attracted to each other are kept apart, they just put their heads together to figure out ultra creative ways to be ~sexy~. When you’re given an obstacle, you two jump it together — IN THE NAME OF YOUR LIBIDOS.
2. Sexting can be awkward at first. . .
The first few sexts are always the hardest — a whole *new* exercise in writing. And let’s not even get started on pictures.
3. . . . but the awkwardness doesn’t last long.
Because you have a phone and your sexy sexy boo has a phone and it’s time to create some sweet textual love. In fact, after a while, you start to get quite proud of your sexts. Practice makes perfect, right?
4. You have to be *very* careful about what you text other people, because long-distance relationships make autocorrect pretty ~risque~.
As if autocorrect wasn’t annoying enough, all that sexting has given it some whole new words to add to its vocab — words that you *definitely* don’t want to accidentally send to Aunt Susan.
5. If you haven’t actually done it, you’ve definitely considered meeting up halfway for a hot steamy session in the car.
No matter how implausible it may seem, five-plus hours of driving doesn’t seem like that big of a deal when you’re thinking about just how sexy your love is.
6. Your “good morning” and “good night” texts often end up being half-sexts.
“Night babe, don’t forget you’re hot.”
7. Whenever your friends talk about the sex they just had last night, you can’t help but feel a little jealous.
Like, good for you, dude, but don’t give details. Or maybe do. Wait, I don’t know, I’m confused and sex-deprived. *texts partner immediately*
8. And when your friends say something like “I haven’t had sex in a week!” you’re like, HOLD UP.
LET ME PLAY YOU A SAD SONG ON THE WORLD’S SMALLEST VIOLIN, WEAKLING.
9. You and your partner are constantly counting down the days until you’ll see each other again.
Because time needs to speed up.
10. But it’s totally worth it.
Because when you get to see your boo again, you know it’s going to be a love-filled sex party.