Because it's Ryan Gosling's birthday, we ranked his most romantic lines from 'The Notebook'
Two words: Ryan Gosling. Two more words: Hey girl. Two MORE words: The Notebook. Today is RyGos’s 35th birthday, and yes, we’re celebrating it like the national holiday it is. I’ve never met Ryan Gosling in person, but I imagine he’s a sweet, patient man who’s on the quieter side, but when he makes you laugh, he makes you laugh. Like, doubled over in joyful tears. It’s just a hunch, though.
Whether he’s acting alongside Emma Stone, breaking up fights between random strangers on the street or refusing to eat his cereal, we heart Ryan Gosling. He makes us laugh, cry and ponder life’s biggest questions. Sometimes he manages to do all three of those things at once, like in The Notebook. Can we quickly recognize that The Notebook is now 10 years old? Wow. It’s been in our lives for over a decade, and is still one of the most romantic and perfect movies ever made. Our hearts are still a little broken that Ry and his co-star Rachel McAdams didn’t work out, but we digress.
In honor of Ryan Gosling Day, we rounded up his most romantic quotes from the role that started this whole love affair: Noah in The Notebook.
8. “I could be fun, if you want. I could be pensive, uh, smart, superstitious, brave? And I, uh, I can be light on my feet. I could be whatever you want. You just tell me what you want, and I’m gonna be that for you.”
7. “In spite of their differences, they had one important thing in common: They were crazy about each other.”
6. “If you’re a bird, I’m a bird.”
5. “So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s gonna be really hard. And we’re gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day.”
4. “That’s my sweetheart in there. Wherever she is, that’s where my home is.”
3. “I think our love can do anything we want it to.”
2. “I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I’ve led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who’s ever lived: I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.”
1. “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that’s what you’ve given me. That’s what I hope to give you forever.”
(Images via New Line Cinema)