Our 17 favorite female friendships on television
It’s National Best Friends Day! Which means, it’s the day to honor and love and share something meaningful with your BFF (honestly this should be everyday, but we do like that there’s a special holiday for it). While we hope that you’re getting some QT with your bestie, just in case you’re not, we thought we might take a little looksie at some of television’s most meaningful female friendships. Nothing could ever replace your best gal, but spending a few minutes thinking about these fictional friendships will definitely make your heart a little lighter.
1. Lucy and Ethel, I Love Lucy
The original in best gals. Half a century later, Lucy and Ethel are still making us LOL.
2. Rachel, Phoebe, and Monica, Friends
No lies, a day spent in Central Perk with these ladies would be a day very well spent.
3. Laura and Maxine, Family Matters
Do you guys remember Maxine? She and Laura hung out a lot. They were so close, Maxine was practically a member of the Winslow family.
4. Mary and Rhoda, The Mary Tyler Moore Show
They started out as neighbors and ended up as great friends. That’s #friendshipgoals right there.
5. Lane and Rory, Gilmore Girls
Lane and Rory go to great lengths to keep their friendship alive through many dilemmas (Mrs. Kim, far distances) and by golly they succeed.
6. Sookie and Lorelai, Gilmore Girls
Working together and hanging together? These two have mastered the 24/7 friendship.
7. Laverene and Shirly, Laverne and Shirley
These hilarious rule breakers were the actual epitome of fun, fancy-free TV friendship.
8. Abbi and Ilana, Broad City
The best thing about Abbi and Ilana is that no matter how different they seem, at the end of the day these gals are soulmates.
9. Dorothy, Blanche, Rose, Sophie, The Golden Girls
If these four broads don’t give you golden years #friendshipgoals, we don’t know what will.
10. Charlotte, Samantha, Miranda, and Carrie, Sex and the City
Another foursome, this set of lady-friends is fabulous and totally dissimilar. Which is probably what makes them get along so well.
11. Jane and Daria, Daria
For 99% of the series Jane and Daria are two peas in a very droll pod.
12. Leslie and Ann, Parks and Recreation
Sure Leslie’s love for Ann might be called “obsession” by some, but these two define just how supportive and there for each other lady friends can be.
13. Taystee and Poussey, Orange is the New Black
When Taystee and Poussey laugh it’s impossible not to laugh with them. And isn’t that what friendship is all about?
14. Emily, Aria, Spencer, and Hanna, Pretty Little Liars
These four best friends have been through everything together. And when we say everything we mean, quite literally, everything.
15. DJ and Kimmy, Full House
Best friends for decades, these two are (at this point) basically sisters.
16. Meredith and Christina, Grey’s Anatomy
Dark and twisty best friends, they understand eachother like no one else does. They’re eachother’s person.
17. Khadijah, Synclaire, Max, Regine, Living Single
Who better to experience the single life with than your best girls? Amirite?