We'll Never Get Enough of Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir Just Hanging Out
Johnny and Tara sittin’ in a tree h-a-n-g-i-n-g. . . out together fabulously. OK, so the schoolyard rhyme doesn’t quite work here but the point is: Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir are BACK. This week it was delightfully announced that our favorite frozen duo (next to Elsa and Anna, duh) were promoted by NBC to the figure skating broadcast team, set to take over the 2018 Winter Olympics coverage.
But, thanks to social media, we don’t have to wait until then or travel to South Korea to take in the powerful pairing that is this friendship. So let’s take a look back at some of Tara and Johnny’s coolest moments together and get psyched for more.
1. That time they wore fabulous hats
Is this making your heart ache that you don’t have a Johnny and Tara in your life? Me too. Also to be noted, this is a joint Instagram account and nothing says BFF better than THAT. 2. That time they broke down all you need to know about Kentucky Derby style
Oh don’t think these two can’t cover other sporting events. They are versatile, dammit. And focused on the right thing: what they’re wearing. Best line goes to Johnny: “Between us we have about 17 pairs of shoes…and 12 of them are mine.”
3. That time they read the same book together!
Also, that bed!
4. That time Johnny looked lovingly at Tara while Gavin DeGraw gave them a private concert
Because this is everyday life for these two.
5. That time they showed the red carpet how it’s done
All white everything.
6. That time they hung out, fully-clothed in a bathtub
7. The moment it all started
Cannot wait for more glitter and style and hilarity. . .oh and ice skating.
8. That time they spooned in sweaters
9. That time they did hilarious commentary about random people skating for Late Night with Seth Meyers.
Bestie match made in heaven. We can’t wait for more T&J shenanigans!