Dating someone new is always a weird mixture of exciting and terrifying. On one hand, it’s one of the most exhilarating periods in a relationship because you’re constantly discovering new things about your significant other. But then again, that easily opens up an internal dialogue that’s riddled with self-doubt, since you don’t know if you’re doing or sating the right things. If you just started seeing a girl, use this guide of 30 dating questions to ask the girl you’re seeing. It will cover everything you need to know about a person within the first few weeks of dating someone.
With these questions, you’ll be able to really get to know someone, because a person’s Myers-Briggs personality type can only tell you so much. You can do all of the behind-the-scenes research about your new girlfriend, from astrology charting to Instagram back-stalking, but nothing beats face-to-face convos.
Who knows, the girl you’re dating might surprise you with her answers to some of these questions, which is for the best, really. It’s best to approach the early dating stages with as much openness as possible, and without assuming anything about him or her. The more open you are, the deeper your relationship will likely become. Don’t just grill her with these 30 questions, but go ahead and make your way through them over the next few weeks.
This isn’t The Bachelor, so take your time with getting to know the girl you’re dating.
The final question doesn’t have to be, “Will you accept this rose?” But…It could be, for fun.
1. Who was your childhood role model?
2. If you were an animal, what would you be?
3. What political issue are you most passionate about?
4. What career would you have if you knew you couldn’t fail?
5. What’s your favorite memory?
6. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
7. What’s something you’ve always wanted to learn to do that you’ve never had time for?
8. What’s the #1 place you want to travel to?
9. Who’s your favorite person in the world?
10. What is your most embarrassing memory?
11. What was your favorite cartoon as a kid?
12. What’s your favorite kind of wine?
13. If you could only have either cake or ice cream for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
14. Which scares you more, snakes or spiders?
15. If you had to be on a reality show, which would you choose?
16. Who’s your favorite Kardashian?
17. When was a time you felt discriminated against for being a woman?
18. What do you want to see change in the world in the next five years?
19. What is the most interesting thing you learned in school?
20. To which fictional character — whether from a movie, TV show, or book — do you most relate?
21. What is your dream vacation?
22. If you could only listen to one musician for the rest of your life, who would it be?
23. What is your biggest pet peeve?
24. What do you like most about being a woman?
25. What do you dislike the most about being a woman?
26. If someone gave you ten thousand dollars right now, what would you do with it?
27. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
28. What’s your favorite place in the world?
29. What’s your favorite dog breed/mix?
30. Which quality of mine is your favorite?
Once you ask of these questions, you’ll be on your way to Chrissy Teigen and John Legend status.
Or maybe even a little bit better.
Enjoy getting to know everything about your GF, from the superficial to the super-deep.