8 Easter Candies You Need to Get in on This Year
What cookies are to Christmas, candy is to Easter – it’s pretty, festive, integral to the holiday celebration and creates a perfect excuse to indulge in sweet-wonderful things you don’t go around eating all year. Even though Easter’s still weeks away, the candy is here NOW. Though I completely recommend getting your favorite everyday treats (M&M’s, Reese’s, etc) while they’re dressed up in pretty Easter colors, there are also some truly seasonal items you can only get right this second. Here’s your guide to the most delicious options:
1. Target Candy-Covered Pretzels. I discovered these last week, and the bag might already be gone. These are like if you took the round pretzels from pretzel M&Ms and covered them in pastel yogurt type coating. They’re that addicting combination of salty and sweet that few can resist. (Apparently they are so elusive that I can’t even find a picture of them on the internet, and I already ate all of mine, but I promise they’re real and you should look for them.)
2. Robin’s Eggs. I love Whopper’s usually, so taking what was already a good candy and covering it in a speckled candy shell just makes them that much better.
3. Cadbury Creme Eggs. Interesting fact: these are way better if you buy them in England, but if you can’t afford the plane ticket or the shipping, they’re still yummy on this side of the pond.
4. Peeps. You either love them or you hate them, but you can’t argue that they’re a classic.
5. Hershey’s Candy Covered Eggs. I know everyone’s about the Cadbury mini eggs, but I think the coating is chalky. The coating on the Hershey’s eggs has just the right amount of crunch, and then rewards you with a satisfying chocolate center.
6. Jelly Belly Jelly Beans. These, in my opinion, are the best jelly bean. They have the coolest flavors and somehow the texture is just better than other jelly beans.
7. Chocolate bunnies. Do yourself a favor, buy yourself a good quality bunny, and please, please make sure it’s not hollow. What a disappointment. Some of my personal favorites include these cuties from Gayle’s Chocolates, and these fancy bunnies from Vosges.
8. Giant Easter eggs. I have saved the best for last. These are the best thing the Easter Bunny has ever brought me. It is a giant chocolate egg full of awesome filling, usually peanut butter in my house. This is not an egg you consume in one sitting, it is a masterpiece you savor over the course of at least a week.