12 Little-But-Cute Ways You Can Show Your Partner “Thank You” In Your Daily Life
Maybe your boo will pick up a few ideas along the way *wink, wink.*
When was the last time you went out of your way to show your partner some love and appreciation? If you have to think about it, it’s been too long.
Look, I get it. Life is busy. Between the morning Zoom calls and end-of-day emails, picking up a bouquet of flowers or your sweetheart’s favorite cookies aren’t exactly top of mind.
In the moment, skipping out on those tiny acts of gratitude may not seem like a big deal. After all, it’s not like your partner knew they were coming home to a special surprise; but, all those little moments add up.
Finding little-but-cute ways to express your gratitude can make a lasting, positive impact on your relationship.
“Consistent small gestures go a long way to show your partner that you truly care about them and their feelings, increasing their sense of security in the relationship,” dating expert and vice president of Dating.com Maria Sullivan tells HelloGiggles.
Little acts of gratitude can not only strengthen your emotional bond, but increase intimacy between you and your partner as well.
“Showing appreciation and gratitude can help keep the romance and spark alive over the years, and will help ease other annoyances and frustrations between you and your significant other,” Sullivan says.
Expressing your gratitude and appreciation, whether it’s through words or actions, is one of the secret ingredients to a happy and successful long-term relationship. And while explicitly voicing a “thank you” gets the job done, actions sometimes do speak louder than words.
Here are some little-but-cute ways you can show your partner “thank you” in your daily life. And who knows? Maybe your partner will get an idea or two on how they can reciprocate.
1. Kick off the weekend with breakfast in bed.
2. Leave little love notes around the house.
3. Be specific and make eye contact when expressing your appreciation.
4. Learn and implement your partner’s love language.
5. Give a cute shoutout on social media.
6. Surprise them at work with lunch (or get up early to pack them lunch).
7. Pick up their favorite little something, whether it’s ice cream or flowers.
8. Make a DIY coupon book good for a “back massage,” “your choice of movie,” and “naps and cuddles.”
9. Run them a bath (for a romantic twist, include rose petals and candles).
10. Give them a break by offering to do their share of the household chores.
11. Spend quality time doing an activity they love.
12. Send a love-filled text randomly during the day.
You’ve got this!