This lavender cheesecake is as delicious as it is beautiful. The cheesecake itself is light and creamy with the sweetness and floral tones of lavender mixed in. It’s lighter and less fruity than a blueberry cheesecake, but with all the beautiful colorful decadence.
Lavender cheesecake is fluffy and subtle: a perfect floral springtime treat. It will serve nicely with a cup of tea and a really good book. Your lavender-infused slice is Instagram-ready, too. Everyone will be drooling in the comments and asking where it’s from, and you can respond, “I made it.”
Serves: 8 (serving size: 1 slice)
Active: 20 min. Total 12 hours, 40 min.
2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers
5 Tbsp. salted butter, melted
4 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
3 large eggs
2 egg yolks
1 Tbsp. lavender elixir (such as Floral Elixir Co. Flower Syrup)
1/4 tsp. violet food coloring gel
7 oz. white chocolate baking bar, chopped
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
Culinary lavender buds, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Wrap outside of a lightly greased 8-inch springform pan in a double layer of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Stir together crushed wafers and melted butter in a bowl. Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
2. Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned, 7 to 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack until ready to use.
3. Beat cream cheese with a heavy-duty mixer on medium speed until creamy, about 5 minutes. Gradually add sugar and flour, beating until smooth. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears after each addition. Add egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears after each addition. Add lavender syrup and food coloring, beating until color is the same throughout.
4. Pour batter into prepared crust. Place springform pan in a roasting pan or large Dutch oven. Carefully pour boiling water into roasting pan to reach halfway up sides of springform pan.
5. Bake at 325°F until center is almost set, but still slightly wobbly, 1 hour and 10 minutes. Turn oven off, and let cheesecake stand in oven, with door partially open, 1 hour.
6. Remove cheesecake from roasting pan and water bath, and place on wire rack. Cool completely in springform pan, about 2 hours. Cover with plastic wrap; chill 8 to 24 hours.
7. Gently run a knife around outer edge of cheesecake to loosen from sides of pan. Remove sides of pan. Combine white chocolate and coconut oil in a medium microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH, stirring at 30 second intervals, until melted and smooth, about 1 minute 30 seconds.
8. Slice cheesecake into 8 slices. Drizzle white chocolate mixture over each slice; garnish with lavender buds.