This is just a reminder to get ready for Neighborday this Saturday on April 27 in the neighborhood of Silverlake in Los Angeles, California. HelloGiggles and GOOD are getting together to throw one big day where the community of Silverlake can get to know each other. From noon to midnight, be at the Lyric Hyperion Theater and Café at 2106 Hyperion Avenue Los Angeles, CA 90027 for one or all of these events:
- 12-1pm: We’re going on a group walk and guerilla gardening in vacant lots that need some beautification (we’re gardening the easy way, with seed balls). There may be a scavenger hunt involved!
- 2-3pm: Hyper-local business owners on Hyperion Avenue, including architects, video producers, and artists will meet and greet each other. Thumb wars and other games to ensue.
- 3-4pm: Take a FREE hip-hop dance class with Versa-Style Dance Company’s Harry Weston.
- 7:30pm: Bring a song to sing at the Piano Bar.
- 10pm: Catch a FREE standup, sketch and storytelling show featuring music by Micky Adams, Emmy and two-time Moth GrandSlam winner Cole Kazdin, former Blue Man Group performer and Moth GrandSlam storyteller John Grady, Don’t Trust the B* in Apt. 23’s Michael Blaiklock, Downers Grove’s Elisha Yaffe, Drillbit Taylor’s Matty Cardarople, and more!
Here’s where you come in. One lucky HelloGiggles fan or writer will get to tell a story about favorite neighbors and/or neighboring at our 10pm show. Just email your pitch to email@example.com!
See you at Neighborday! Join the event for more details on Facebook. If you want to throw your own Neighborday, learn more here. Tell us what you’d do to bring your neighbors together in the comments below!