I graduated college a little over a year ago, so by society’s standards, I’m an adult. But not by my standards, and certainly not anyone who has had to spend time with me during this past year. [Not true! — Editor] The year after we first move out our own can be a time of growth, as rewarding as it is challenging, but it almost certainly comes with a number of very stupid mistakes.
Here are 15 not-so-adult things we all did during our first year of adulthood. I certainly did.
1. Used Google for things we really should have already known:
2. Cried in public.
3. Slept at random times during the day.
4. Texted our parents about every little thing.
5. Eaten a snack for dinner.
6. Put ourselves in imminent danger.
7. Had our messiness get us in trouble.
8. Turned our trash into “decorations” so we didn’t have to take it outside.
9. Be up front with bank tellers, receptionists, and employers that we have no idea what we’re doing.
10. Had a life crisis every week.
11. Given ourselves food poisoning.
12. Made this face when we looked at our bank accounts.
13. Hidden when someone rings the doorbell.
14. Been super impressed with ourselves after completing the simplest task.
15. Accepted that nobody is ever really an adult.