These sweet and salty churro pretzels combine two of our favorite snacks in the most delicious way
Looking for a treat that’s salty, sweet, and combines two of the best snack foods? Look no further than these tasty churro pretzels. Totally addictive and coated with a delicious layer of cinnamon sugar, they’ll satisfy both your sweet tooth and your savory tooth.
These are easy to whip up and so perfect for celebrating both the end of summer and the beginning of fall. We’re pretty churr-o that no matter the occasion, these pretzels will be a big hit.
1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
1 ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
½ cup plus 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
¼ tsp. table salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 large eggs
coarse salt or pretzel salt for garnish
1. Mix together ½ cup sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Reserve.
2. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, ½ cup butter, table salt, and 1 cup water in a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over high heat, and add flour, stirring constantly, until the mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat and add 1 egg at a time, stirring vigorously until each egg is incorporated and the mixture forms a smooth dough. Transfer to a pastry bag fitted with a medium star tip.
3. Pipe pretzels onto a sheet tray lined with parchment paper. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
4. Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches in a large Dutch oven; heat oil to 350 degrees. Add frozen pretzels to hot oil and cook until golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove churro pretzels to a paper towel-lined baking sheet, drain, and toss in cinnamon sugar mixture.
5. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Brush churros with butter and sprinkle with coarse salt. Sprinkle any remaining sugar and serve immediately.