If you love seasonal decor, then your home is probably filled with Halloween decorations you don’t want to take down yet. Once the spooky things are tucked away, all those pumpkins you bought are just…sitting there. This DIY will hopefully give you inspo for how you can keep those gourd-eous decorations out for months to come.
With a little paint and a touch of glam, you can turn any pumpkin into something beautiful. (And the best part is that it won’t change back after midnight.) This pumpkin centerpiece would look beautiful on a side table or even featured on your dining table at Thanksgiving. Watch the video below for inspiration and then go and create your own.
Carvable foam pumpkin
Gold leaf sheets
Faux flowers and leaves
1. Carve a hole in the top of the pumpkin.
2. Spray paint the pumpkin and allow to dry.
3. Brush gilding glue onto the top rim of the pumpkin and wait until it becomes tacky.
4. Add gold leaf sheets to the tacky gilding glue.
5. Brush a dry paint brush over the gold leaf. Brush off any excess.
6. Cut down a piece of floral foam to fit in the pumpkin cavity and place inside the pumpkin.
7. Trim faux flower stems and stick them in the floral foam.