Our fave New Girl moments in honor of the 100th episode
It feels like just yesterday that we fell in love with New Girl for the first time. However, the cast is now celebrating 100 episodes. Yes, ONE HUNDRED. Where has the time gone?!
It’s so wonderful to see our queen and leader Zooey Deschanel as the hilarious and charming Jess Day, but that’s not the only reason we’re official New Girl addicts. There have been five (!!!) seasons of shenanigans, hilarity, passion, and seriously quotable lines that have made us laugh, cry, and yell “awww” over the past several years. In honor of 100 fabulous episodes, here are our absolute fave moments from the show we all know and love.
1. THE KISS.
Shall we just start with the obvious? The first kiss between Nick and Jess is the perfect mixture between cute and seriously steamy. Here it is again, for your reference:
And here’s a closeup:
2. Every time Schmidt has ever said “youths.”
3. Or “all DAY” in that weird deep bro voice.
Although it got a *little* weird when it was accompanied with sticking his face in a coffin.
4. Any time Jess has attempted to flirt.
Because she’s all of us, pretty much.
5. Nick’s, um, personal journey with Tran.
There are no words.
6. Winston’s bizarre transformation whenever he has a “girly drink.”
I don’t mean to be hyperbolic, but THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING FUNNIER.
7. When Coach accurately depicted any spin trainer we’ve ever had.
It’s almost not even funny because it’s true.
8. The time Jess incorporated Spice Girls lyrics IRL.
Well, maybe she didn’t get them word for word, but still.
9. Any time Nick yells, because for some reason, it’s always hilarious.
He’s got the desperation yell down PAT.
10. When Jess gave us our perfect introductory sentence.
12. When we started thinking of pink wine in a totally new way.
13. When Nick tried to pump himself up about his body before a date.
Sure, it was super awkward to watch, but we love that body positivity! Probably would have worked, too, if Jess hadn’t walked in. . .
14. The time Schmidt ate pizza for the first time in years.
He was so happy and it was pretty much adorable.
15. When Jess reminded us that it’s OK to ugly-cry.
CRYING ISN’T PRETTY AND THAT’S OK.
16. All of the times Schmidt expressed his undying love for Cece.
Even though it was almost always weird. Like, every single time.
17. When cat people everywhere could identify with Winston.
18. Really, when anyone could identify with Winston.
Because he speaks some serious truths.
19. The bathroom scene that all BFFs have had at one point or another.
We’ve eaten cookies and avoided confrontation at some point.
Happy 100 episodes to the cast of New Girl, and we look forward to 100 more. <3