These social media savvy celebs totally topped Twitter's charts during 2016
Obviously we use Twitter to see our friends live-tweeting television shows, sharing the one-liners that randomly pop into their heads during the day, and complaining passive aggressively about their coworkers…but we also use it because there’s very little that’s more delightful than receiving a notification that your favorite celeb tweeted.
It’s a cool, not creepy way to see what the people you admire are interested in, and how they look at the world. It can also tip you off to other cool people you should add to your metaphorical rolodex when you see who friends and those you admire are retweeting. Point is, Twitter is a pretty cool tool with a lot to offer, and offering us a window into celebs’ lives is one of our favorite bits.
And we’re not alone — Twitter compiled a list of the most followed celebrities of 2016, and it’s safe to say they have a few fans.
1. Katy Perry with 94.5 million followers.
2. Justin Bieber with 90.2 million followers.
3. Taylor Swift with 82.2 million followers.
4. Rihanna with 68.1 million followers.
5. Lady Gaga with 64.6 million followers.
6. Ellen DeGeneres with 63.8 million followers.
7. Justin Timberlake with 57.3 million followers.
8. Kim Kardashian West with 49.3 million followers.
9. Britney Spears, also with 49.3 million followers.
10. Selena Gomez with 46 million followers.
After reading through this list, we definitely clicked a few more follow buttons, so it seems like these ten celebs are definitely going to head into the new year with a head start on finding themselves back on this list next year.