Chocolate tasting is an actual job, so prepare to have the career of your dreams
That resumé you’ve been meaning to update needs your attention right now because chocolate tasting is an actual job, and you certainly don’t want to miss the opportunity to throw your name in the hat, do you? We didn’t think so.
According to Uproxx, Mondelez International — one of the world’s largest snack companies that’s behind brands like Cadbury, Nestlé, The Hershey Company, Oreo and Sara Lee — is willing to pay you to do what we are doing at this very moment, and that is eating chocolate to our heart’s content.
Because giving up chocolate might keep your passwords safe, we can see how this presents a conundrum of sorts for applicants. Choosing between a potential personal data breach and a job that pays you to eat something you absolutely love is a tough spot to be in, but we’ll give you the details so you can make a decision you can live with.
For starters, the official job title is Chocolate and Cocoa Beverage Taster. Can you say YUMMM?! Also, you’ll get to work from the company’s headquarters in Surrey, Great Britain, which will officially make you an international jet-setter, baby.
Now get a load of these perks masquerading as job duties:
- Be able to taste chocolate and cocoa beverage products and give objective and honest feedback.
- Work within a team of panelists to share opinions and collaborate to reach an agreement on taste.
- Use a clearly defined vocabulary to describe products and aid in the discrimination between products.
- Be consistent in the results given.
- Know the ethical and legal compliance responsibilities of the position; raise questions and concerns when faced with an ethical or compliance issue; apply integrity in all aspects of professional conduct.
- Chocolate tasters are key in helping Mondelez perfect and launch an entirely new product all over the world.
That’s kinda hard to believe, right? After all, this is CHOCOLATE we’re talking about. If this job involved some run-of-the-mill food that wasn’t able to soothe period cramps and bring people together in sweet-lovin’ peace and harmony, we’d probably be all meh about this listing.
But it’s chocolate, so see ya! We’re off to apply before you beat us to the punch.