These are the best jobs in America, so start applying now
Are you feeling stuck or stagnant in your job? Ready for some changes? While you should go after your dreams, there are *some* jobs that may be better for you than others. Employee resource Glassdoor just released a report listing the 25 absolute best jobs in America for 2016, and it could be a good indication of where opportunity lies in the job world this year.
The positions were ranked by their “Glassdoor Job Score,” which is determined by three factors: the median annual base salary, career opportunities, and the number of job openings. In order for a job to be considered, it needs to have at least 75 ratings of the first two categories by America-based employees from January 2015 to January 2016, so you can bet it’s reliable.
Techies, rejoice: eight of the 25 job listings are tech-related with high salaries. Number one, for example, is data scientist, which comes with a six-figure salary. “People with degrees in statistics are highly sought after for their ability to analyze and interpret data and to understand risk and uncertainty,” American Statistical Association president Jessica Utts told Fast Company in a statement.
If you’re worried about the number of openings in particular, companies are especially looking for software engineers; there are a whopping 49,270 openings compared to the average 1,000 – 3,000 for the rest of the jobs on the list. However, if you’re not a tech person, there are other opportunities for you, too. For example, tax manager ranks second place. “It may not be the flashiest title on the list, but the high salary ($108,000) speaks volumes to a tax manager’s niche skill set and the high demand (1,574 open jobs) of the position,” Glassdoor’s career trends expert Scott Dobroski told Fast Company.
Here are the top 10 jobs in the country; you can see the full list here. Get your resume ready!
1. Data Scientist Job openings: 1,736 Median base salary: $116,840
2. Tax Manager Job openings: 1,574 Median base salary: $108,000
3. Solutions Architect Job openings: 2,906 Median base salary: $119,500
4. Engagement Manager Job openings: 1,356 Median base salary: $125,000
5. Mobile Developer Job openings: 2,251 Median base salary: $90,000
6. HR Manager Job openings: 3,468 Median base salary: $85,000
7. Physician Assistant Job openings: 3,364 Median base salary: $97,000
8. Product Manager Job openings: 6,607 Median base salary: $106,680
9. Software Engineer Job openings: 49,270 Median base salary: $95,000
10. Audit Manager Job openings: 1,001 Median base salary: $95,000
(Image via Shutterstock.)