Looking for the perfect DIY gift to give this holiday season? This adorable, potpourri-filled snow globe is two gifts in one. The snow globe makes a nostalgic holiday decoration reminiscent of those classic stop-motion animated Christmas movies. Meanwhile, the simmering potpourri inside it includes orange, cloves, cinnamon sticks, fresh rosemary, nutmeg, bay leaves and star anise. When poured into a pot and simmered over the stove, this spice blend will make any home smell and feel like a hygge dream. Who doesn’t love a gift that smells even better than it looks?
Watch the video to find out how to make it.
Snow Globe Potpourri Surprise
Plastic fillable ornaments
Mason jar with lid
Small Christmas tree figurine
Glue for metal and plastic
Hot glue gun
1 tsp. whole cloves
3 cinnamon sticks
2-3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
2 bay leaves
3 star anise
1. Add orange, cloves, cinnamon sticks, rosemary, bay leaves, star anise, and nutmeg to a mason jar and set aside.
2. Glue the figurine and Christmas tree to the center of the mason jar lid.
3. Cut off the top of the plastic fillable ornament to create a globe. Make sure the rim fits around the edge of the mason jar lid.
4. Pour fake snow, snowflake confetti, and glitter into the plastic globe.
5. Turn the mason jar lid upside down and glue it to the plastic globe. Use metal glue to glue both pieces of the lid together.
6. Place the snow globe lid on the mason jar with the potpourri inside.
7. Tie a ribbon around the base of the lid to hid the glue.
8. If desired, attach a label with instructions for the simmering potpourri.
9. To use the potpourri, remove the orange from the jar and peel it or slice it. Add the peeling or slices to a pot of water. Add the other potpourri ingredients to the pot and simmer on low. You can also simmer the potpourri in apple juice.