Haters gonna hate, we absolutely love the new "Ghostbusters" trailer
In the words of our own self-appointed poet laureate, Taylor Swift, haters gonna hate, and we’re just going to shake them off and keep laughing out loud at the newest Ghostbusters trailer. The fella over there with the hella good hair is obviously Chris Hemsworth.
For the past year we’ve been diligently following every piece of information that Ghostubsters had to offer, from the initial announcement, to the thrill of the casting process, to the teaser trailers and finally full-length trailers. All along, we’ve been on board for this movie starring four of our favorite humans: Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon, and Leslie Jones. Directed by Paul Feig, the man who brought us Bridesmaides, deep down in our hearts, we knew this movie was going to be hilarious.
Oddly enough, we’re in the minority over that. Because, IDK, the world is weird sometimes. For the past year, there’s been a ton of Ghostbusters backlash. Today, there’s a new Ghostbusters trailer. So, we’ve decided to stand up, tall and proud, and yell for all who will listen, WE LOVE THIS NEW GHOSTBUSTERS TRAILER. AND WE WILL LOVE THE MOVIE, TOO.
What do we love best about this trailer? It’s hard to pick a top favorite, so let’s narrow it down to a top five:
- 1. McCarthy punching a ghost in the face.
- 2. Hemsworth’a bad joke about needing a “bigger boat.”
- 3. The fact that the trailer even pokes fun AT ITSELF with a television newscaster asking, “What do we think of these Ghostbusters? Are they to be taken seriously?” That quote was probably pulled from a YouTube comment.
- 4. THE MUSIC. Doesn’t the Ghostbusters theme make you want to like, run up a hundred stairs cheering, or kick down a door, or just like, eff stuff up? So motivational.
- 5. The poor soul who tries to take a selfie with the ghost on Jones’ shoulders. She’s having a rough day, okay?
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME GHOSTBUSTING LADIES? We are. Ghostbusters opens July 15th. See you there.