We're looking for a few good women
Hello there human reading this,
Do you love HelloGiggles? Would you like to expound upon that love and contribute to our site? Well, you’ve come to the right place.
We are looking to add to our contributor roster, to bring in your fresh stories, your funny ideas, your gorgeous illustrations and expand our beloved HelloGiggles community.
So, what exactly are we looking for?
Glad you asked. We are especially interested in personal essays and cultural criticism with unique and diverse points of view, LGBTQ perspectives, smart articles with original reporting, short fiction, and illustrations.
What’s right for us: Newsy stories that celebrate people doing awesome things and being awesome to each other, that highlight creativity, dream jobs, positive body image, perfect lipsticks, learning to be an adult. Topical pieces that discuss great moments in culture, the trickiness of friendships, the weirdness of relationships, stories on obsessions, what it’s really like to be a woman, essays that explore tough times (whether it be the big crises, or the small “I just don’t like myself this morning” moments), stories that make us feel like we’re all in this together.
What’s not right for us: Snark, girl on girl crimes, takedown pieces
Who we’re looking for:
- Funny, honest, smart, creative people with strong writing and grammar skills and the ability to spin an interesting yarn.
- Writers who can make a commitment to contribute to HelloGiggles at least one time per week.
- Artists and illustrators who want to share their work with the HelloGiggles community
- People who make us laugh really hard
- Like-minded folks who don’t take themselves too seriously
Does this sound like a dream come true? Email us at email@example.com with a short bio (one paragraph please) and what you’d like to write about. If you have a blog, send us the link. If you have writing samples, send them along.
We can’t wait to hear from you.