Just some mom-isms to get you through the week
So, my mom is the best. She knows it, I know it, my friends know it, even my dogs know it and they can’t even figure out that I didn’t actually throw the ball. My mom is smart, funny, kind, and basically a walking, talking fortune cookie full of helpful (if not slightly cliché) life advice. Whenever I’m sad or stressed I call her and cry and she replies by telling me that I’m also smart and funny and kind and then she says something crazy inspirational and the world makes a little more sense. If you’re feeling a little down, you should call your mom and let her tell you all the wonderful things about you that you aren’t able to see right now. Until she answers, here’s some of my mom’s momism’s to tide you over,
1. You don’t have to have it all figured out right now.
2. It’ll be better in the morning.
3. Just remember, when one door closes, another one opens.
4. You’re way smarter than you think you are.
5. It doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks, it matters what you think of yourself.
6. Calm down you’re doing fine.
7. Of course you’re pretty.
8. I think you should take a break and have a snack.
9. You need to stop worrying. Everything will come together, it always does.
10. He didn’t deserve you anyway.
11. Someone is going to come along who loves you just the way you are, I promise.
12. It’s OK, cry it out. You’ll feel better once it’s out of your system.
13. This will be funny in 10 years.
14. Look on the bright side, there’s an opportunity here somewhere.
15. Girl, you just need to take a nap.
16. You’ve totally got this.
17. If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.
18. No one knows what they’re doing. Fake it till you make it.
19. I believe in you. I always have.
20. You don’t need friends who treat you that way.
21. Be nice to everyone because someone is probably having a worse day than you.
22. You always have options, even if it doesn’t seem like it right now. Just take a breath and think it through from every angle.
23. I love you no matter what.
24. Of course it’s going to be hard, if it was easy everyone would do it.
25. Sometimes people just won’t get you and that doesn’t mean you’re wrong it just means you haven’t found your people yet.
Featured image via