All the reasons Johnny Depp's daughter, Lily-Rose, is completely rad
We remember when Johnny Depp’s daughter, Lily-Rose Depp, was just a wee lad. Now she’s 15 going on, like, 25 and she’s kicking ass all over the place. Here’s a little primer on her very cool teenage life:
1. She just made her Chanel debut in a major way: Her mom, French actress Vanessa Paradis, has long served as a muse for Chanel, posing in ad campaigns since the early ’90s. But this week, at Chanel’s Métiers d’Art show, it was Lily-Rose, who received much of the attention (alongside her gorg mom). She seriously wore the most amazing embellished ensemble we have ever seen!
2. She knows how to make high-fashion her own: The two-piece dress was straight from Chanel’s SS15 couture collection. According to Nylon, “Depp put her own spin on the outfit by hiking up the skirt to become high-waisted and pairing it with a pair of subtle black cap-toe white heels.” Very sharp.
3. She’s already been in a movie with her pop (and was really funny!): Lily-Rose appeared in Kevin Smith’s horror movie, Tusk, as a checkout girl and she’s excellently dry and hilarious in her brief debut. Her work paid off. She’s again appearing in her dad’s next Kevin Smith collab, Yoga Hosers. The comedic-horror film (part of a trilogy) follows two yoga-practicing teens as they take on an ancient force of evil that threatens their party, and will be in theaters June 1.
4. She is an Instagram queen: She already has almost 140K followers. NBD. And, hello, she’s a fan of pug puppies! Our kind of girl.
5. She’s also a fan of our man Harry Potter. Again, we can relate.
6. Back when she was little, her parents wrote a song about her, which is just the sweetest thing ever. The lyrics translate to: “It’s time my angel
to sleep a little/We’re not very far/In fact, we’re here/and we count/your beats of lashes, your sighs/when you fall asleep, don’t worry/We will take you to sleep together/Tomorrow we will awake with the sun/of your eyes/but while waiting, my sweetheart/to sleep a little/Then shh!..”
7. She’s super-close with her dad, you know, Johnny Depp. We’ll leave you with this totally adorable picture of Lily-Rose and her dad. Sweetness.