Bathe in glitter with these cosmic, iridescent bath bombs
If you’ve ever wanted to bathe in glitter, this is the DIY project for you. Cosmetic dye and soap glitter make these bath bombs iridescent and eye-catching, while almond oil gives them moisturizing power. As you soak in your otherworldly bath, a combination of Epsom salts and essential oils will take your mood into the cosmos. You’ll step out of the tub relaxed and luminous.
Watch the video to see how easy this DIY is and follow the instructions below.
Iridescent Bath Bombs
1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup citric acid
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup Epsom salt
1 Tbsp. almond oil
1/2 tsp. essential oil (for scent)
1-2 Tbsp. water
Soap dye (blue)
Spherical bath bomb molds
Power soap or cosmetic dye (purple, pink, yellow)
Soap glitter (or bio-degradable eco-glitter)
1. Add the dry ingredients (baking soda, citric acid, cornstarch, and Epsom salt) to a large bowl. Stir until combined.
2. Add the almond oil and essential oil. Stir to combine. You can also
stir with your hands.
3. Add water gradually with a spray bottle until the mixture sticks together.
4. Scoop the mixture into the mold and pack it down. Let dry overnight.
5. Carefully remove the bath bomb from the mold.
6. Using the paint brush, dust the bath bombs with powder soap dye.
7. Finish by brushing with soap glitter.