10 stylish ways to wear your bra on the outside
Wearing underwear as outerwear isn’t anything new. Madonna was rocking her iconic Gaultier cone bra back in 1990, and Selena Quintanilla was so inspired by it, she made bustiers and high-waisted pants a thing herself later that decade. Rihanna constantly displays her brassieres on the regular, as does as our beloved Ilana Glazer from Broad City. By now, wearing your lingerie and intimate garments out in the open is pretty much a classic style move.
If you have a new bra that is SO beautiful, it would be a shame to confine it to the indoors — here are 10 different ways you can wear it, inspired by celebs such as Gwen Stefani, Gigi Hadid, and Rihanna, of course!
1. Wear a bandeau style under your blazer like Kylie Jenner
Spice up what’s meant to be more of a business look by wearing your bra underneath a blazer.
2. Work a bustier under a cardigan like Gwen Stefani
You won’t have to worry about feeling cold in your bra top by throwing a cardi over it!
3. Stay comfy in a sports bra like Gigi Hadid
With the athleisure trend still prominent, you can get away with wearing your sports bra all day! Try these:
4. Match a bustier top with a skirt like Selena Gomez
Cropped bustiers may seem daring, but they look great with all sorts of bottoms, whether it’s a skirt, shorts, or pants.
5. Wear a bandeau with a pleated skirt like Rihanna
The perfect summer look. Just make sure to wear sunscreen!
6. Be casual in a bra with jeans like Iggy Azalea
An otherwise casual outfit like jeans and a shirt is more exciting when the top is a bra!
7. Pair it with a pencil skirt like Demi Lovato
If you want to try the bra and skirt combo but don’t want to show that much skin, go for a pencil skirt!
8. Hide a bandeau under overalls like Rita Ora
Basically ANY bra will look rad with a pair of ovies.
Seamless High Neck Bralette, Victoria’s Secret, $24.95, Mya Lace Bandeau, ASOS, $33
9. Go all-black underneath a sheer top like Chrissy Tiegen
The bra underneath a sheer blouse lewk is a TRUE classic.
10. Match your bra with everything else you’re wearing, like Rihanna
Don’t be afraid to coordinate from head, bra, and toe!