This shoelace hack could save your feet from blisters
All of us, whether we are runners, walkers, or occasional hikers, have experienced the dreaded pain that is a blister. Luckily for us, the folks over at Illumiseen have a shoe hack that can help prevent unfortunate sores! The secret is in those extra shoelace holes at the top of our shoe that we never before knew what to do with.
Don’t have time to watch the video? Below is a step-by-step guide to pulling off Illumiseen’s brilliant hack!
1. Locate the extra holes at the outside of your shoes.
2. Use these holes to create loops on each side of the shoe. You will use these loops to “lock” your shoe.
3. Once you have loops on both sides, cross laces and insert them into their respective loops.
4. Cinch the laces down; pull DOWN on the laces, not UP. If you pull up, the loop will hang — you want the loop to get really tight, and lock.
5. Lace yours shoes as you normally would! Congratulations, you’ve successfully accomplished the “lace lock.”
This hack works by creating a more secure knot and preventing your foot from moving around so much inside your shoe, which can lead to blisters.