Every reason to rock a fanny pack (as if you don't already)
Don’t let the old-school negativity about fanny packs discourage you; fanny packs are not only a necessity but also quintessential in shaping the way we see fashion today. See the latest GQ rec: a fanny pack with matching Tevas.
Fanny packs are practical, functional, and totally underrated. You could even say fanny packs are a national treasure, an 8th wonder of the world. If you don’t feel like a sassy ’80s pop sensation when you wear one, you’re clearly lying to yourself. Fanny packs have been and always will be the future. Here’s why you need to get your hands on a fanny pack ASAP.
- Don’t let anyone convince you fanny packs aren’t cool. Some people believe fanny packs are ‘lame,’ ‘outdated,’ and ‘useless’ (keep telling yourself that mom), but they’re probably the coolest item of clothing I own. You can instantly gain respect through the fanny pack. No one will question you because they just know.
- They’re everywhere if you look hard enough. If for some reason your parents tried to hide their past of fanny packs from you and ended up giving them all away, you can always purchase one at your local Urban Outfitters or American Apparel, and even Walmart.
- Plus, they come in different styles, such as canvas, cloth, leather, and my personal favorite, bedazzled denim. There’s enough fanny packs for all to go around in just about every color imaginable, making it easier to match all your outfits.
- Fanny packs literally and figuratively take the weight of the world off your shoulders. Just think of all the times you had to lug a backpack or purse around. With a fanny pack, you just clip it around the waist and you’re ready to go, whether it’s for a grueling 12-mile run or a trip to the market.
- Talk about convenience. Think of all the things you can keep in a fanny pack. The essentials, chapstick, cellphone, wallet, gum, basically anything you can imagine at a reasonable size (I wouldn’t recommend anything larger than a brick).
- Let’s not forget about efficiency. “Hey do you have an extra-” and before you can finish your sentence, I quickly grabbed a pencil from my fanny pack.
- They’re easy to keep organized. Since fanny packs are small, they’re easy to keep clean. There’s no room for any junk you’d normally keep in a purse.
- If The Rock can rock fanny packs, then so can you.