OMG We Bought A House! Episode 3: Moving Day
Joey and I started painting those ugly yellow walls in OMG We Bought A House Episode 2 and now that the paint is dry, we’re ready to move in to our new house!
Watch the video above to see how we get all of our crap, I mean beautiful boxed up items, inside as well as my 5 tips for a stress-free move. Comment below and let us know what you think and what you want to see next?
What do you think of the fresh white walls? So much better than that icky faux finish, right?
Mr. Kate OMG Moving Tips For A Smooth Move:
1. When unpacking a house, chances are you’re not going to be able to unpack everything in one swoop, so make sure that your kitchen is top of the list. That way you’ll be able to stay happy and well nourished – after all, the kitchen is the heart of the home. I also like to have some decorative items handy like a vase with flowers to add a little moment of beauty amongst the boxes.
2. I bet you can guess where I’m going with this one… Moving is going to be exhausting and you’re going to need to eat and sleep! So my number 2 tip is have clean bedding and towels handy to be able to pass out and bathe. Nothing worse than sleeping on dirty sheets in a new home!
3. Packing your clothes in clear containers makes living out of boxes (if need be) that much easier. You’ll be able to clearly see what is inside all of your boxes if you need to grab anything in a hurry. That way, you can methodically unpack to ease the stress of moving.
4. Make sure any items that you may need to put in a basement, garage or attic are protected from the elements or creepy crawlers! We used tarps, tape and mover’s plastic wrap (buy it at box stores) to wrap our precious items in the garage.
5. If you have hired professional movers (which I highly recommend), they get paid hourly, so clearly labeling boxes and rooms for them can save time and money.
If you missed Episode 1 and 2, watch them here! As always, we’re reading all your comments and taking suggestions for what to do and cover in the upcoming episodes so let us know what you’d like to see in a comment below.
Thanks for watching! xo, Kate and Joey