DIY Valentine's Wreath
It’s true, wreaths aren’t just for Christmas – it’s totally acceptable to have a wreath for every holiday of the year! Here is my Valentine’s Day wreath that was so fun to make because it is a very interactive and forgiving process. Anything goes and you will find this to be a very zen experience to then inspire love in your home or interior space. See a ton more DIY Valentine’s ideas here.
Watch the video above to see how I made my Valtentine’s wreath. You can use all dried flowers or all fresh, depending and you can buy a pre-made heart wreath, like I did, or form your own! If you use fresh roses and hang the wreath on the wall, the roses will dry and still look radical, creating a dried rose wreath.
- Heart shaped wreath (from the crafts store) or shape your own with thick wire
- Dried flowers or greenery with strong stems
- Fresh flowers (optional)
- Floral wire
- Wire cutters
- Hot glue (optional – only use on dried flowers)
- Break off pieces of your dried greens and/or flowers and feed the stems in through the spaces in the wreath. Use a piece of floral wire wound around to secure the sprigs, if needed.
- Repeat with another layer of dried flowers or greens to conceal the floral wire – you may want to use some hot glue to hold the pieces in place.
- Snip some of your fresh flowers (leave about a 3″ stem) and feed the stem through a space in the wreath base. Secure with more floral wire wrapped around the flower stem and attached to the wreath to secure if needed.
- Hang on the wall, door, prop on a shelf or use as a centerpiece!