Trick out your shades for the raddest beach style around
A pair of sunglasses is the summertime wear you just can’t do without. What other accessory can sit so comfortably in the middle portion of a Venn diagram marked “cute” and “practical”? Personally, I never go anywhere during these months without my trusty (faux) Wayfarers. I love their classic shape, but being the craft-minded lady I am, I started looking for a way to style my sunglasses up a bit. The solution: embroidery floss. By wrapping and gluing the colorful thread around the stems of your sunglasses, you can have a fresh new accessory in no time!
- Two colors of embroidery floss
- Craft glue
- Dab a small dot of glue on one stem of the sunglasses, close by the lenses. Attach one end of a piece of embroidery floss to the glue.
- Wrap the embroidery floss around the stem of the sunglasses until you have a 1-inch stripe, gluing as you go.
- Continue wrapping and gluing the embroidery floss, alternating colors, until you have covered the stem.
- Repeat the process on the other stem, and let the glue dry completely.
- Wear your stylish new sunnies out on your next summertime adventure!